ALCAMIZER is the brand name for this range of environmentally friendly hydrotalcite products specifically designed to be used as halogen scavengers in heavy metal free stabilizer systems for PVC.
ALCAMIZER products are generally considered to be the best of their kind. The exceptional stabilizing effect of ALCAMIZER in PVC originates from its capability to effectively scavenge chloride ions that are released during thermal degradation of the polymer. ALCAMIZER will exchange the carbonate in its crystal structure for available chloride ions. Since chloride ions bind strongly to the inorganic host, they are rendered harmless, preventing further acceleration of PVC degradation.
Advantages of ALCAMIZER
- Suitable for Calcium Organic and Tin stabilizing systems for PVC
- Promotes excellent thermal stability and color hold for PVC applications
- Complies with all standard requirements for safety and handling
- Outstanding properties for transparency because its refractive index is similar to that of PVC
- Superior characteristics for dispersion, weatherability and compounding with high dosage levels
- Suitable for all types of PVC resin including suspension, emulsion, co-polymers and mixed polymers
Available Product Grades
Many years of fruitful collaborations with industry leaders has resulted in our current portfolio of ALCAMIZER® products. We are sure that we have a solution for your specific needs.
- ALCAMIZER® 1: The industry standard
- ALCAMIZER® Plus: Improved heat stability
- ALCAMIZER® P93: Improved early coloring and weatherability due to implemented zinc in the hydrotalcite structure
- ALCAMIZER® WP: Special grade for window profile applications
- ALCAMIZER® CP: High transparency grade for clear PVC solutions
- ALCAMIZER® 2 / P93-2: Suitable for higher processing temperatures (e.g. CPVC)
- ALCAMIZER® 5: Special grade for PVC in contact with Polyurethane